This week, in episode 86, we’re talking about the concept of the five love languages, as found in the book The 5 Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman, and how to apply them to your D/s relationship.
In this episode:
- Our sponsor this week is Ecstatic Relaxation with Vin Charles. He’s got a special offer just for Loving BDSM listeners
- John Brownstone aka The Wood Dom has a Father’s Day giveaway running through June 13, 2017.
- New relationship energy or “in-love” obsession makes you act in ways you won’t once you come out of it. Dr. Chapman says it can take about two years.
- We all have love tanks. When they’re on empty, resentment and anger build.
- We each need to feel love in a different way, and it’s often not the way our partner needs to feel it.
- You likely will have different primary love languages.
- The five love languages are: Physical Touch, Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts.
- If you’re not sure of your love language, think about how you prefer to express your love to your partner. That’s a big clue.
- Most people have one primary love language, although it’s possible to have a second.
- The act of loving someone is a choice, as is deciding to love someone according to their love language.
- It requires work and you may have to learn new habits.
- Using what someone needs to feel love to manipulate them is wrong.
- Purposefully withholding your act of love is wrong.
- Loving someone according to their specific language only works if it’s done because you want to and out of love.
Links from the show:
Show sponsor: Ecstatic Relaxation <===Click for a special offer!
Father’s Day Giveaway by John Brownstone
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!