Everyone (on either side of the slash) goes through tough moments. In a power exchange, it can be difficult to know how to help or what to do when you’re a submissive. This doesn’t mean Dominants shouldn’t or can’t support their submissives. Support should happen from both sides. A stereotype persists about how strong or stoic Doms are supposed to be, which means submissives might not realize their Dom needs help, and Dominants might not easily accept help.
In this episode:
- Check out our sponsor: Delirium Toys
- Enter our 3rd anniversary giveaway!
- Buy some kinky fuckery at our shop and save!
- Doms have a responsibility to “take care” of their submissives. That can be overt like in a Caregiver/little dynamic or something more subtle as in satisfying needs.
- We’ve talked in the past about both sides having responsibilities to each other — as a healthy relationship and in D/s.
- This is about when Doms (who often think they’re supposed to project an air of toughness) go through their own tough times and what it’s like to be the submissive helping them through it.
Links from the show:
The Kinky Fuckery Shop – Use code NEWSHOP to save 10 percent (August 2018 only)
Delirium Toys – Use code LOVEBDSM2018 to save 30 percent (August 2018 only)
The Wood Dom – Use code NEWSHOP to save 10 percent (August 2018 only)
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!
Watch on YouTube