With an 18 year age difference between us, it’s safe to say that we’re not afraid of being with someone who’s a drastically different age. As with everything in D/s, there is no one size fits all here, and for many of us, it’s not about age, but about the person. A big age difference isn’t some sort of requirement in D/s nor is it the only option. Some people have a yuck factor and some people think it’s just not sustainable. We fundamentally disagree with both premises, so lets talk about it.
In this episode:
- Check out our sponsor: Delirium Toys
- Enter our 3rd anniversary giveaway!
- Buy some kinky fuckery at our shop and save!
- We mentioned in a past episode that we might discuss age differences and Twitter jumped on it. Then today DomSigns shared a Tumblr post from someone who said that a big age difference implied a power imbalance, and we knew we had to talk about it.
- John Brownstone is 18 years older than Kayla Lords.
- Age differences aren’t a requirement in D/s relationships or specifically Caregiver/little either. Just because it “seems” that way doesn’t mean it’s happening.
- Submissives can be older than their Doms. You can be near the same age.
- Age might imply wisdom but it’s no guarantee of anything.
- Every relationship needs communication and consent. A big age difference might add a different layer to communication styles or how you view something, but the basics still apply.
- Rejecting a potential partner based on age alone (older or younger) may mean you miss out on amazing relationships, opportunities, and experiences.
Links from the show:
The Kinky Fuckery Shop – Use code NEWSHOP to save 10 percent (August 2018 only)
Delirium Toys – Use code LOVEBDSM2018 to save 30 percent (August 2018 only)
The Wood Dom – Use code NEWSHOP to save 10 percent (August 2018 only)
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!