A listener reminded us that we’d promise to discuss how to make the transition from a long distance relationship to an in-person one. We leaned heavily on our own experiences, but also shared tips even if your situation is completely different.
In this episode:
- Join us on Patreon!
- Visit John Brownstone’s updated website!
- The shop for weapons of ass destruction is temporarily down, but we’re aware of it, and it’s on purpose.
- As much as you can, try to plan before the move and transition.
- You both need to adjust once you move — new rules, anxiety, dealing with the differences
- You may feel something like new relationship energy from the excitement.
- Real life will set in at some point. It can be a shock to the system.
- Take the time you need to adjust.
- Lean on supportive family and friends before the move.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate.
Links from the show:
Long Distance Relationships Part 1: In the Beginning (episode 83)
Navigating a Long Distance Relationship Part 2 (episode 84)
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!