In the second installment of From Daddy’s Desk, I’m talking about form of punishment, usually in long distance relationships, of silence. Yes, I’ve used it in the past – before I knew better – and no, I don’t think it’s effective. There are better ways to instill discipline and change behaviors.
Silence as Punishment Takeaways
- Cutting off communication can cause a submissive harm.
- Harms self-esteem.
- Erodes trust.
- Your submissive needs to know they can count on you, just as much as you need to be able to count on them.
- Breaking off communication can make it more difficult to form a healthy relationship.
- Look for other forms of punishment that can be impactful that still keeps the lines of communication open.
- I’ve used silence as punishment, and it wasn’t productive or healthy for either of us.
- Do not punish in anger.
- Give yourself time to think about the punishment so that you can administer it in a rational way. It’s okay to tell your submissive, “I need time to think about this…”
- Silence isn’t always good for you as a Dominant, either.
Like what you see? Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see new videos as soon as they’re published!