Kayla Lords hosts episode 52 of the Loving BDSM podcast and discusses low self esteem, trust issues, fear of being alone, and mental health issues and why none of these things should make you think you don’t deserve a healthy, fulfilling D/s relationship.
In this episode:
- At the time the show was recorded, the giveaway wasn’t over, but now it is. A winner will be chosen (at random) and announced (with their permission) soon.
- I’m back with my hand out asking for the “h” word I hate – help. With your support, I can go to Eroticon in London next March.
- Three visits with my therapist later and I have a few answers about my own mental gunk: avoidant personality, compulsive personality, a little OCD, a little anxiety, a little manic, and a little depressed. Translation: a hot mess.
- An email from a submissive listener about her trust issues reminded me of an article I wrote about submission and self-esteem.
- You don’t have to love yourself completely and perfectly to deserve love. You don’t have to be rid of all your “issues” or have perfect mental health to find love.
- You do have to recognize any mistakes you might be making that lead to the same bad relationships over and over again: fear of being alone, allowing partners to treat you badly because you don’t feel you deserve better, etc.
- Doms, subs, switches, kinksters, and vanilla, we all deserve long-term, loving relationships if that’s what we want.
- I’m dealing with my mental health issues now that I’m in a D/s relationship, and no one would ever say I don’t deserve John Brownstone because of those problems. Why would we tell ourselves we don’t deserve someone before we find them?
- No answers in this show, but a lot of thoughts. Feel free to reach out with your own thoughts on the topic.
Links from the show:
Kayla’s Erotic Books – buy a book, help me get to Eroticon
Listen to the show:
Your favorite podcast app!