Kayla Lords hosts episode 47, and it focuses on a lot of emails and messages that have come through about what’s okay and what’s not in a D/s relationship.
In this episode:
- No John Brownstone for another week – but it’s his last week on the crazy summer schedule at work, so he’ll be back soon.
- A lot of emails have come through from both Doms and subs with questions about their relationships.
- Even if you don’t want to admit it to yourself, you know when a relationship has gone bad.
- It requires both of you working together to figure out a way forward.
- Here are some signs of a bad D/s relationship – and yes, some will look like “red flags” that we’ve discussed before.
- Unwilling to communicate
- Changing the rules with no warning
- Punishing without explaining
- Saying things like “I’m the Dom, I can do what I want” with no negotiation or consent
- Doubts about opening up your relationship but feeling like you have no choice
- Emotional manipulation which isn’t the same as a mindfuck
- Wanting two incompatible things and not willing or able to find a middle ground
- It’s better to be alone than in a bad relationship. If you can’t make it work, have the strength to walk away.
- Yes, submissives can end a relationship.