Kayla Lords and John Brownstone are back again for another long, winding conversation. Episode 31 focuses on trust – building it and maintaining it – in a D/s relationship.
From the show:
- Trust issues will rear their ugly head at the strangest times.
- Consistency plays a large part in building trust between two people.
- Trust is important whether your D/s relationship is loving or just for play.
- Do what you say you’ll do.
- Developing a sense of trust in a long distance relationship takes constant communication and a willingness to be open about the details.
- Anyone who’s had at least one bad break-up has to overcome the memories that play in their head (John Brownstone calls these “bad tapes”) in order to commit, trust, and move on to something better.
- Once in a relationship, trust issues can still be a factor – blame the “bad tapes.” The fix is consistency, honesty, and integrity.
- When trust is broken, what you choose to do about it is unique to you: repair the relationship or move one – but it must be dealt with in some way or you’ll never move on.